[3830] NAQP SSB KT7E(KE7AUB) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KT7E(KE7AUB) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 06:20:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): KE7AUB
Station: K7ZS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:    4     4
   40:   33    21
   20:  189    43
   15:   64    15
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  292    84  Total Score = 24,528

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

My first remote operation of the K7ZS station, using the club call KT7E. We
needed to shakedown my setup and it required a shakedown. Identified a problem
but have a working workaround until root cause is corrected.

15m was not good from PNW for me. Great path in to AZ and FL/SC, plus the carib,
central America and south America (ok, just one PY station called but he was
59+++++). A light sprinkle of east coast and midwest at best. Did not even hear
those regions while FL stations were working those regions.

20m was a zoo when I got there, but at least in S&P I could work most of the
regions I did not even hear on 15M. Finally got a run frequency and worked a lot
of regions as well as some SA and Central America. 20 was pretty noisy - lots of
static and static crashes. And TX pipeline was trying to out do the 15m pipeline
in to FL.

40M was fun but very noisy too - better mult results when compared to 15 and
open in to the carib and central America.

My ears shutdown in revolt to the noise finally so just a sprinkle on 80 and  a
low count on 40. No run - :(

The event at least was a good shakedown in getting my remote configuration to
the station established with rf and audio settings, which garnered very good
reports.

I still prefer to op the station though. It's a nice drive up the hill out in
the woods, aways from the metropolitan hell that is engulfing me.

Thanks to all who worked my signals. Glad to help out the one or 2 POTA's that
called me.