[3830] NAQP SSB K3PI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Radiok3pi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3PI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:50:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3PI
Operator(s): K3PI
Station: K3PI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:  129    31
   40:  466    44
   20:   33    19
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  628    94  Total Score = 59,032

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC NC Triodes

Comments:

Well as others have said, 10 and 15 were worthless.  I couldn’t get much going
on 20 but was able to collect a few multipliers.

I ran the entire time on 40 and 80, only having to change frequency a couple
times on both bands.   As usual, the toughest decision was when to give up on a
productive 40 meter run in favor of getting multipliers on 80.  80 was somewhat
of a disappointment…was expecting a higher yield.   In the final hour, my goal
was to hit 600 and ultimately I went back to 40 which proved to be a good call.

Every contest for me includes a head scratcher multiplier that never shows up.
In this one it was WV.   Never heard WV on any band.  Weird.

Highlights include being called USVI on 40 and by Anguilla and Cayman Is on 80.
Was pleased to eventually bag Belize on 20.

I think this was a personal high for me on QSOs in this contest.  Wish I had
more multipliers but overall was pleased with the effort especially with below
average conditions.