[3830] OhQP K8MR Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8MR Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:24:17 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2022

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR K3LA
Station: K8MR

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 27 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  236      2
   40:  552     21
   20:  158      8
   15:    2      0
   10:    1      1
--------------------
Total:  949     32  CW Mults = 86  Ph Mults = 16  Total Score = 196,758

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

A good ride around Ohio, aside from the solar belching that led to poor
conditions early on. The 18Z and 21Z hour rates were in the 40's; four of the
last five hours were over 100, with "only" 90 in the 01Z hour.

One 15M QSO with OM2VL; the other one and the 10M QSOs were with K1LT as we
passed within 5 miles or so from his QTH. Only one SSB QSO from me CQing on my
own; the rest were moves or people who found me after KU8E spotted me after
moving me to SSB.

QSOs by county in order of appearance (total - mostly but not all CW)

SUMM  12
PORT  27
TRUM  26
MAHO  19
COLU  27
STAR  18
CARR  26
TUSC  32
HARR  39
BELM  47
GUER  35
MONR  67
NOBL  44
MUSK  35
MORG  67
PERR  37
ATHE  30
HOCK  92
FAIR  37
PICK  20
ROSS  68
HIGH  41
CLIN  44
GREE  10
FAYE  48
MADI  11
CLAR  39

Hocking was a bit high and Athens a bit low, as we missed a few county signs
where those counties jump back & forth.

The only technical issue was very bad QRN on 80 meters early on. I finally
figured out it was the power supply for the laptop. This is a new one I picked
up at Orlando in February. With no 80M in Florida QSO Party in April, this was
its first mobile effort on 80. With the computer on battery power, it was fine.
But a nice addition: a lighted keyboard which makes the after dark operation
much nicer.

Many thanks to driver K3LA, a buddy since our high school days. To finish off
the weekend on Sunday we got in a nice but warm 45 mile bike ride out of Xenia.

73  -  Jim  K8MR