[3830] ARRL 160 PJ2T(K8ND) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 PJ2T(K8ND) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 23:11:57 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 24.2
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 589  Sections = 74  Countries = 0  Total Score = 87,172

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was my sixth ARRL 160 operation from PJ2T as a Single Op, and the worst
score so far (for me and for others operating from PJ2T). First night was just
OK (451 QSOs), second night not so much.

Second night, there was pronounced fast QSB. I would hear a partial callsign,
but when I went back for a fill, the station was GONE. Add that to the increased
QRN, and 'letter mining' was difficult and often unsuccessful in completing a
QSO. Best rate the second night was 20 QSO/hour!

Thanks to Gene KB7Q and Geoff W0CG/PJ2DX for equipment setup and training.

Radio: Elecraft K3S
Amp:   Elecraft KPA1500 (900W)

73,  Jeff   K8ND  PJ2ND