[3830] ARRL 160 CX6VM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 CX6VM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 11:18:18 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: CX6VM
Operator(s): CX6VM
Station: CX6VM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CERRO LARGO
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 81  Sections = 43  Countries = 0  Total Score = 6,966

Club:

Comments:

I decided to go to El Mangrullo to be able to use all the RX antennas as
possible.

Friday night I disconnected the antenna from my Skimmer and turned it off, I
need this antenna for the contest.

I started S&P working the big guns. Was hard to get his attention to the
south, needed several calls to let them figure out that was CX calling.

I decided to call CQ and found a nice frequency. As RBN got me, the stations
where landing on my frequency, mostly with good signals, plus I have very low
noise this night, storm is away, and a cold and clear night helped a lot

When I was calling US stations, was hard to get them picked me up, really very
strange, I don`t use to have this problem, maybe US stations where focused on
Europe or domestic stations

At 08:30 utc finished the first night for me, with 79 QSOs and 43 mults.

Decided to go home, and try remotely to work a few more stations.

I connected again the antenna to CX6VM Skimmer and turned it on. So, second
night it was available

Saturday night I heard Jerry WB9Z very strong, I called him but nothing, after
maybe 20 calls, he picked me up, switch his wonderful antennas and coming as a
local station we did the QSO

Then I heard W9RE. On Friday night I called him 30 times without luck. I started
calling him again. He was coming a real 599 to me. After 20 calls I decided to
stop calling him, and finish the contest for me.

The honors for W0AIH, used to having to call the stations several times, they
completely copied me at the first call causing me a great surprise

I extract my RBN data and found that CX6VM skimmer “copied” 281 uniques
calls, mostly Saturday night, 252 from USA and VE, that was great

Thanks all for the QSOs

See you in next Contest!

73,
Jorge