[3830] ARRL 10 N8UM SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N8UM SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 23:38:42 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  537   109
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  537   109  Total Score = 234,132

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

On Monday before the contest an 85 ft oak fell on my 80 meter quarter wave
vertical and 10 meter four square.  With no antenna I scrambled and found that
the 20 meter 4 square had swr below 2:1 and low noise.  It only seemed to work
in the NE position.

Friday night was great with 200 Qs by 11pm local.  The antenna worked great into
Asia (12 JAs) but did not like Europe. Reflected power into the dummy load (part
of the system) said 175 watts. I was able to work the contest with no 10m
antenna and the one I used topped out at 17 feet above the ground. No rotation
or direction switching to worry about.