[3830] ARRL 10 VE3NRT SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE3NRT SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 23:49:30 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  576   116
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  576   116  Total Score = 267,264

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

Fantastic contest. Nice that 10m is good and looking forward to even better
sunspots in 2023. Wasn't in it to win it but this CW-only score is better than
the mixed mode 8th place in GTA I got in 2014, which was my goal for this
event.

I wouldn't say I got any rare countries - probably nothing I've not had before,
but I'm sure some are new on 10. What surprised me was working all 50 states
(where was DC?). First time ever in any contest, although I got 49 in an RTTY
Roundup a few years ago. This time ND didn't hold out.

It was a good time and I'll be back. Thanks for the calls - I was mostly S&P
but ran now and then to bring the QSO count up.

Interesting that the east coast stations were stronger with the beam pointing
south or southwest that straight at them. Some kind of scatter mode I think.

73,
Chris VE3NRT

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP
SteppIR DB18E @43\', 80M Dipole @35\', 4-el 6m Yagi @49\', 7-el 2m Yagi at 46\'