[3830] ARRL 10 W4WF(@N4WW) SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4WF(@N4WW) SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 00:00:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: W4WF
Operator(s): W4WF
Station: N4WW

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

   CW: 1598   128
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1598   128  Total Score = 971,584

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Better score than I'd hoped for. Conditions seemed overall very good, though I
can always hope they get better. A weak JA opening on Sunday afternoon had me
hoping for a 2000 or 2001-era opening that would last from 2000z - 2359z, but
the last JA answered my CQ shortly before 2300z.

Thanks to N4WW for allowing me to operate this weekend. Had some persistent rig
problems with two different Elecraft rigs. I think both are fixable; Austin's
K3S (used Friday night) only put out about 20w on 10m, and my K3 started
randomly shutting down on Sunday morning, which my K3 guru diagnosed as
oxidation on the 12v powerpole connections on the back of the rig. Finished the
contest on Sunday with the FTDX5000. Emtron amplifier @ 1500w on Saturday (only
about 350-400w on Friday night). 6/6/6 on a 100' tower and 7-element OWA on a
separate 100' tower.

73,
Chris W4WF