[3830] ARRL 10 N7KU(NJ6D) SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nj6d.n7ku@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N7KU(NJ6D) SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 00:54:54 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N7KU
Operator(s): NJ6D
Station: NJ6D

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 25:38

   CW: 1714   116
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1714   116  Total Score = 795,296

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Friday night was fun with decent rates late into the evening.  Saturday started
off well, but limited Qs into EU.  I had a solid long run most of the day within
mainly NA.  Towards sunset I was bouncing back and forth between working east
coast and JA.  Japan started to sound really good and switch things around and
then - poof! - it was all gone - nothing much after sunset.  Sunday was another
fun day.  Early on, I found I could work EU fairly well with the antenna pointed
to the SE which netted a good number of multipliers. No EU run though.  Mid day
was mostly east coast with many from New England calling.  There were also lots
of stations from CA, OR and WA - sounded like a VHF band at times.  I waited for
an hour past JA sunrise to make my switch.  Managed a fair run into JA.  I was
edging to 1700 Qs, but the run rate really dropped off at the end.  Went search
and pounce for the last 20 minutes which netted a multiplier and another 18 Qs
to get me over 1700.

The 4el "multiplier" antenna was designed, made and installed on
Thursday the day before the contest started.  I think it netted 10 or so
multipliers and a 100+ Qs - worth it in my humble opinion

All-in all, a personal best. 10 meters is always an interesting band.

Station:
FT1000MP-V
ACOM-2100
6el yagi (home brew on 36’ boom) at 75ft
4el yagi (home brew on 16’ boom) at 30f1t