[3830] ARRL 10 N4OGW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rt_clay@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N4OGW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 01:32:35 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N4OGW
Operator(s): N4OGW
Station: N4OGW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW: 2098   134
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2098   134  Total Score = 1,124,528

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

65 states/69 countries. Only worked 2 XE

10m was great this weekend but hopefully will get better. We have had some rainy
weather here recently so the powerline noise was quiet and I could hear really
well. Before this contest I built a Moxon rectangle to cover the southeast-
hanging from a tree up 45 feet it worked really well.

A few issues during the contest: during the Friday night Es opening my family
told me that our internet had stopped working. Turns out that transmitting on
the lower yagi at high power instantly took out the wireless access point. After
the EU opening on Saturday I went up into the attic crawlspace with some clip-on
ferrites. That helped, but I still had to be careful not to transmit on the
lower yagi by itself. I was also not 100% Saturday due to getting a Covid
booster on Friday- I could have operated a little more Friday/Saturday.

73 Tor

K3/homebrew LDMOS amp @ 1500W
4 el yagi @ 67 ft rotatable
4 el yagi at 40 ft fixed NE