[3830] ARRL 10 ZF1A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zo.scott@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 ZF1A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 02:04:34 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): K7ZO NN1C W9KKN
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Grand Cayman
Operating Time (hrs): 31.5
Remote Operation

   CW: 1663   142
  SSB: 1535   141
-------------------
Total: 3198   283  Total Score = 2,751,326

Club:

Comments:

Wasn’t that fun to have 10 Meters almost all the way back? Compared to the
last 7 years it was great. Certainly, better than anything since 2014. Who knows
what awaits us in 2023? Let’s hope we get 2013 type of conditions.

The ZF1A team decided to do this one remotely, taking advantage of all the hard
work put in by NN1C, W9KKN, and others to add remote technology to the station.
So, we had one operator in MA(NN1C), one in CA(W9KKN) and one in AZ(K7ZO). The
station itself was in tip-top shape with the recent addition of a JK Big-Tri
Antenna with 7 elements on 10 fixed on EU. The new Elecraft KPA-1500 amp
operated perfectly all weekend.

We watched the Contest Online Scoreboard all weekend and challenged ourselves
for various goals. Beat ZF5T – did that. Catch TM6M – did that. We were
surprised Sunday by the late arrival of K1LZ and NX5M in the M/S part of the
scoreboard – but we held them off as well. Thanks teams for the competition
and motivation. We await what is the likely worldwide winning score from FY5KE.
We wonder how close we will be? And, there is also PJ2T out there as well. Oh
yea – we also had the goal of “Set a new ZF M/S record in the ARRL 10 Meter
Contest” – check that one off as well. And for more detail on our score:

                     Mults
        QSO   W/VE/XE    DXCC   Total   QSO Points
CW     1,663   65         77    142       6,652
SSB    1,535   66         75    141       3,070
Total  3,198  131        152    283       9,722

Score  = 9,722 X 283 = 2,751,326

We are particularly proud of our W/VE/XE mult total. The team worked hard at
that.

Looking back on the 2022 contest season there were 12 major contests from the
ZF1A station – 9 under the ZF1A call. This is likely an all time record made
possible by the remote access capabilities at the station. This was critical in
2021 as COVID restrictions meant none of the off-island team could travel in
person to the station. This year we took advantage of the lifting of COVID
restrictions and once again enjoyed the camaraderie of in person multi-op
contests. But, the future of ZF1A is likely a mix of in-person and remote
contests. We have never done one with both in-person and remote operators. Who
knows. Maybe we will try that in 2023.

Finally, as always, we thank Andrew/ZF1EJ for his hospitality in making the
station available for our use. No single person is as important to ZF1A as he.

For the whole ZF1A team – Scott/K7ZO