[3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 02:17:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  386    90
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  386    90  Total Score = 138,960

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

That was fun. Got a bit more time in than I thought I would. Christmas
preparations abound. Very glad I had time to play a couple hours Friday night or
my Q total would have been 111 Qs lower! I chose to go unassisted since it would
be crazy to chase after spots with 6BTV (10m ground plane on the ground), and
low power. I was able to put together a couple short runs in the Friday night Es
with a 10 minute 102/hr rate and a 60 minute 55/hour rate. No such joy like that
Saturday and Sunday. Mostly S&P, with stops here and there to CQ and grab a
few Qs on the run. Got on too late Saturday morning to enjoy most of the EU
opening. Got up a bit earlier Sunday and felt it was easier to work EU than
Saturday morning. Both mornings, 10 began shifting to the west coast early,
about 15:30UTC, and EU was more difficult to work with the 6BTV and low power.
There was lots of scatter prop Sunday afternoon. I was hearing very clearly
stations in MI, northern IL and WI on scatter, but was unable to be heard by
them. Early in the day Sunday I happen by TO5T CQing, and his freq was a mess,
so I just passed him by. Later Sunday afternoon I had found a clear spot to cq
and I was just getting ready to QRL when another station beat me to it. But that
was OK since it was TO5T. Called him on his first CQ and in the log!
Wished there would have been more Es Saturday night. Prop for me Saturday night
to JA and ZL/VK was light to nothing. That path for me Sunday around sunset here
was better, and I was able to get 3 JAs in the log and one VK in the log. One of
the JAs actually called in to my CQ. So of course, IMO, conditions were better
Sunday! Couldn't quite crack 400 q's as hard as I tried to find new calls. Being
preoccupied with holiday prep most of Saturday to a bit out of more Qs. Had lots
of fun though as always. Nice to see 10m building with more DX activity.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73 Gene, N9TF
100 watts to a 6BTV ground mounted.