[3830] ARRL 10 W4LT(@W4DUG) SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4LT(@W4DUG) SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 04:18:19 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5
Remote Operation

   CW:  247    45
  SSB:  184    37
-------------------
Total:  431    82  Total Score = 177,636

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Flex6400 / Maestro Remote
Ant: C31XR 7el @108ft

Fun on the air, technical issues with the radio kept it from being a total
blast.  Lost about 3 hrs Saturday morning due to SmartLink simply going away,
then returning on its own (and, no, the Internet didn't fail, it was working
just fine at both the remote sites and here).  Multiple Issues with DVK audio,
latency and transmit selection in SO2R made this a SO1V outing.  Was going to
practice SO2R in this one... Maybe next time.

Fab conditions! The band was rockin'! Shared a frequency with VE6FI for over 45
minutes... He was working my area of the world while I was working his. Hung
around to see if he ever noticed me... If he did, he didn't let me in on the
secret!

Either super strong signals or ESP signals and QSB everywhere.  I bet I have
earned worked all Minesota this weekend!  I was able to work callers right to my
noise level with the Flex receiver optimized. DL6RAI was more than ESP, but dug
him out of the QRM. This is really a great receiver.

At times, it was a technical wrestling match between me and the radio, but I
persisted, and even succeeded in making things work.  Two things kept me away
from the chair (other than the Remote failure): My right leg is still healing
from a knee replacement thus I can't sit for very long and family Christmas tree
and outside light set up was also this weekend, so I had to share myself with my
XYL and her need for assistance.  This usually happens during this contest every
year.

Missed the WCF Convention hamfest again, but such is life, they shouldn't
schedule it on a big contest weekend, ESPECIALLY one that favors Florida. It was
fun to say hello to old and new friends on the air!

Thanks for all the points and runs, sorry for the choppy CW at times when the
internet was misbehaving, and Happy Holidays to all of you in Contest Land.  See
you in NAQP next year!

Lu W4LT