[3830] ARRL 10 N1LN SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N1LN SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:49:10 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

   CW: 1010   156
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1010   156  Total Score = 630,240

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was another casual contest entry for me. My goal was to work either 1000 Qs
or 100 countries while trying to fill in many of the states and provinces. The
1000 Q count came first. The additional 10 Qs were Skimmer mults and a couple
JAs that I worked while trying for a JA run on Sunday afternoon.

I am not a fan of slow runs or spending lots of time doing SP, so my on the air
time followed the band openings and the sun with many long gaps in operating.
The one exception was at the start on Friday night. No real strong signals but
lots of activity with the US and occasional VE mults adding up quickly. Saturday
and Sunday morning EU openings started about the same time with my first EU Q
getting in the log at 1208 UTC on Saturday and 1205 UTC on Sunday.  Both
mornings produced very nice runs with decent rates and mults. Perhaps I came
back at the wrong times in the afternoons, but never had the expected JA run,
finishing with only 8 JAs in the log. Never heard anything from HL, BA.

When it was over I was totally surprised and very pleased with all states worked
and only the NU mult missing for VE. I fell short of the 100 country goal by
only working 87. Thanks for the Qs, the repeats and the enjoyment of having some
fun on 10 meters for the first time in years.

73,
Bruce N1LN