[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:17:00 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): KB7Q W0CG K8ND N7NR N7WA W8WTS
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Remote Operation

   CW: 1536   132
  SSB: 1132   104
-------------------
Total: 2668   236  Total Score = 1,984,288

Club: CCC

Comments:

Our first outing trying out the RCFORBS remoting package and wide area networked
logging using the Hamachi VPN. W0CG was on site in Curacao and all others at
their home shacks. The VPN performed flawlessly. The hardware on the Curacao
side performed flawlessly. On the remote op side we had, shall we say,
interesting challenges, all of which our operators very cleverly overcame. There
were glitches, among them some chirpy CW in a couple of instances. We will work
our way up the learning curve to perfect our act with this system as time goes
on. All of this is supported by our new and extremely fast fiber drop direct to
the PJ2T house.

Conditions were excellent. I still remember a year when I won this contest with
about 78 QSOs, each very hard won.

Special thanks to KB7Q for patiently introducing us to the new RCFORBS and VPN
technology, and to N7NR for big help with resources for our remote system. I
designed and homebrewed all of the antenna switching hardware over a period of a
couple hundred hours in Ohio, and then installed it at the island QTH. DL8OBQ
wrote the relay control software. We can remotely select any of our 18 TX
antennas and two Beverages using his program.

Our thanks and congratulations to any and all fellow contesters who had a part
in the Artemis / Orion mission and system. This is a major success for our space
program and a point of great national pride. I can hardly wait for 2025 to
arrive.

Thanks to our patient ops for plowing through the remote operation this weekend,
and to all of the CCC club for helping to support our club station in Curacao.

     73,

          - Geoff, W0CG / PJ2DX