[3830] ARRL 10 KU2M SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KU2M SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 15:26:37 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 22.3

   CW:
  SSB: 1503   137
-------------------
Total: 1503   137  Total Score = 411,822

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't plan on doing anything serious for this contest, although it is a
perennial favorite and the last major contest of the year. In the spirit of just
plain laziness, at the last minute I just decided to do all SSB. Of course, I
got sucked in for more hours than I had planned, but still took off a few hours
to put on the feedbag and also get outside and do some leaf management!

10M is interesting and lots of fun no matter how many sunspots are present - as
Forrest Gump might have said about this contest and the band itself, 10M is like
a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.

This year, although the absorption was a bit high, sunspot numbers were decent,
making activity from EU truncated but intense, with N1MM+ rates hitting over 200
a few times. However, once the grayline passed an area, that was it. Same on
this end; the band died hard and fast with the daylight, and after 6 PM local,
there was pretty much bupkis, and it was time to turn off the rig and vegetate.
Activity from EU was strange in that some common mults were completely absent
the first day, like YO, and prop further in toward EU was spotty. Just a couple
of UAs, one 4X and an HZ, but I wasn't trolling for mults as much as running, so
there are certainly mults that I missed. No JAs at all, and no ZLs heard, but
did work several VKs. Did manage to do WAS, with the only USA mult missed being
DC.

OTOH, I don't think I missed anybody in Texas, but if I did, hope to catch you
next year!