[3830] TBDC VE6WZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6wz@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE6WZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 17:48:44 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 425  Total Score = 2,593

Club:

Comments:

Flex 6600, Acom 2000a, 2 el TX, Bev and 9C RX.

Murphy showed up with howling wind, blowing snow and blizzard like conditions.
This was causing some bad power line arcing and my noise level went through the
roof.  At times randomly, sometimes steady for a few minutes.  It was worse on
my west and Asia RX so made VK and JA difficult.
Because of this, and an incomplete RX system I probably missed many callers.
My busted call count will be really bad I fear.

However, conditions were less bad than I was expecting. AT least the polar path
opened up a little bit.
19 EU, 8 OC but only 4 Asia !!

EU- 1-9A, 2-DL, 3-G, 1-GM, 1-LY, 1-OK, 1-OM, 1-OZ, 1-PA, 2-SM, 1-F, 2-YL.
OC- 3 KH6, 2-VK, 2-VK6, 1-VK9

73, de steve ve6wz
Sundre, AB