[3830] TBDC KA9FOX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KA9FOX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 18:26:54 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 1:09

Total:  QSOs = 69  Total Score = 270

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Wasn't able to get on until late. Was even later due to the Flex
"Smart"SDR software forgetting all my N1MM COM ports and having to
recreate them (note to self: Add the %APPDATA%/FlexRadio Systems folder to my
daily backups).  After recreating all the ports as they should be and banging my
head still trying to get N1MM to key the radio, a simple restart of N1MM fixed
that last issue.  So, I did not start transmitting until 0800z (2AM Local).
Called CQ and after ONE CQ, NP2X called in. Loud and low noise.  So, conditions
seemed great. After an initial rush of stations wanting to work the fresh meat,
it was a big snooze fest.  Alternated between CQ and S&P for just over 1
hour... when I finally got to 69 Q's, it was time to pull the plug. Apparently I
should have got on a LOT earlier. :-)

Ant:  Inverted Vee @ 90 feet
Rig:  Flex 6600
Amp:  SPE Expert 1.3k-fa @ 950w