[3830] TBDC W1DYJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1DYJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 18:49:55 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:45

Total:  QSOs = 59  Total Score = 168

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

With my low and bent wire "dipole" and after playing
**beat-head-on-wall** in the ARRL 160, I decided my
goal here was to be casual, have fun, and work on my CW.

I have been playing with 160 for six years and I am starting
to see the counter-effects of an active sun.  Conditions were
not great, I heard no EU, did have two Caribbean, but nothing
west of the Mississippi.  Low power doesn't help either: about
1/3rd of the stations I copied did not hear me.

My raw score of 112 becomes 168 with the 1.5 LP multiplier.
History suggests that the uplift from LP and QRP stations will
more than offset my mistakes and I will end up with a score
of from 180-220.
------------------------
Rig: TS590SG
Antenna: Weird Wires: A 75-coil-160 dipole, center at 35' high.
         South leg runs straight, through a tree at 25', then
             down to 15' at end.
         North leg runs ~30' to house corner at 30', turns east
             for another ~30' to tree limb at 20', then turns SE
             for another ~20' through trees, ending at 10'.
         [This is fed in parallel with an 80-coil-40/30 fan dipole]
Logger: N3FJP's Stew Perry Contest Log V3.6.3
Actual BIC = 3:45 hours  ["Official" 30 min time = 4:15]

Larry / W1DYJ