[3830] ARRL 10 KA6KEN SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KA6KEN SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 23:56:54 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: KA6KEN
Operator(s): KA6KEN
Station: KA6KEN

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Goleta, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   CW:
  SSB:  36     18
-------------------
Total:  36     18  Total Score = 1,296

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

It is fun to have 10m open for the first time since I got back into ham radio
several years ago.  It's like gaining a whole new band.  I haven't seen
conditions like this since March when I played around on 10m in the ARRL DX and
10m South American contests.  I only played for three hours Saturday and a few
minutes on Sunday, but conditions were amazing (for a guy who has never heard
much but static on 10m).  I did all search and pounce; no running.  I heard a
lot of Brazilian stations.  I was also hearing a disproportionate number of
Minnesota stations and wondered if there was a duct from CA to MN so I commented
to my third MN contact that I was hearing a lot of people from his state and he
responded by saying that 90% of his log was California stations.  FUN!