[3830] TBDC K7GK(@N6RO) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7gk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7GK(@N6RO) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 03:02:05 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: East Bay
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 349  Total Score = 1,813

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

About 6 hours of this contest were fun with an OK rate - was surprised to be
called by 3 EU stations with pretty good signals during this stretch. The same
couldn't be said about most of the rest of the contest. A couple of other EU
stations called, but I couldn't get either the call of the exchange, so no QSO.
JA propagation was disappointing with the grand total of 3 worked. When a
mega-station calls you and you get the call from the 4th attempt or so, you know
the conditions are pretty terrible. Another looong-drawn contact was the high
point of this contest (literally and figuratively) - many thanks to VK3IO for
sticking with me for quite a while. I just hope I didn't mess up the exchange
after all that.
Thank you to the Boring club for sponsoring the event, Ken for the use of his
great station and Chris/N6WM for technical support.

Equipment:
Wire 4SQ with a couple of RX antennas, which weren't used at all this time
K3/P3
ACOM-2000A