[3830] TBDC W1SJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1sj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1SJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 06:19:04 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT FN34
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 425  Total Score = 1,500

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

Better than the horrible conditions in the ARRL 160 2 weeks ago, but so-so at
best. Perhaps that's all we can ask for as the sunspots go up.
About the same result as last year - a few less QSO's, more Eu (39) but less
stuff out West. I had a nice run into EU in their sunrise, but it was a ton of
work. Extreme QSB was very difficult - signals varied up and down all over the
place and many repeats were necessary. The Beverage helped, but only so much.
After Eu was done, it was pretty much game over as there was hardly anything
left. The band was eerily quiet from 0800-1000. Thankfully, the SP is a 1 night
affair. I don't think I could have done this a second night!