[3830] RAC Winter VA7RR SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VA7RR SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 19:35:42 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest - 2022

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VA7RR

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  440    727      13        13
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  440    727      13        13  Total Score = 140,244

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It was another fun-filled RAC Winter Contest, with improved band conditions,
good rates, lots of Canadian participation, and some multiplier surprises.

For the first time ever in a RAC Contest, I was able to log all 13 multipliers
on both modes.  With a couple of hours left, and all mults in the log, I saw
that it was possible to break the Canadian single band record set in 2020 - so I
REALLY REALLY pushed it to the end, but fell a bit over 2 Kilo-points short
(about 20 minutes of operating time based on the rate I had been maintaining).

Compare to my previous RAC Winter efforts in 2019 and 2020, there was less rate
on SSB during the morning hours, perhaps due this year to 10 and 15 being open
as well.  I was actually able to do better during these hours on CW, where I
could keep the rate at around 100/hour.  Adding to the fun factor was a solid
opening to Europe, better than what I experienced during both modes of CQWW.
Things improved on SSB during the afternoon once 15 meters shut down.

I'd characterize the Canadian participation as very solid, as 31% of my QSOs
were with VE stations.

Thanks to all for the contacts, and see you in the next RAC contest in July
2023.

73,
Gary
VA7RR