[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 14:07:32 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Dec 21

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  119
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  119  Mults = 119  Total Score = 14,161

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

Nice pace. I find most of the fills I need are with pile-ups and calls while I'm
transmitting. That's OK I guess. Often miss the first character or two when I'm
hearing through through the QSK. I noticed my mind wandering more quickly today
and had less errors as a result.

The SteppIR had been giving me problems since the snowstorm on 40M presumably
from ice in the tubes. When I was testing late yesterday afternoon it went away
and I did some additional tuning while experimenting and now it is better than
ever. I might even hook up the transceiver control soon. The thing always
worries me. It's always a chunk of change if I have to get someone to climb it -
and the immediate supervisor won't let me do it myself. Last winter I lost 20-6
M every time the temperature got below minus 10C, which is often enough in
January/February. I think that is fixed now from the last maintenance but I
won't know for sure until the temp gets that low. It's a balmy -5C here this
morning.

73, Thanks for the calls.
Chris

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP