[3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 15:27:00 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   CW:  112    57
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  112    57  Total Score = 26,220

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were far better than in 2021. Nice to see F2 on 10. I operated
"fixed mobile" CW from our land north of Lawrence in Jefferson County.
The initial plan was to use a 3 element yagi -- but didn't get it up for the
contest due to inclement weather and caring for special needs grandchild. NO
electrical noise at all at the site. Very quiet. 10 was busy and between F2 and
backscatter the band was full. It was freezing Sunday morning with the trees
covered with ice.

Open to Europe - yea! But slim pickings. Logged M2G, MM1E, PIØCOM TM6M, EI7M,
EA7X, and CT9ABO for WAC. Filled in some DX including some Hawaiians, CO8NMN,
PJ4LL, CX5A, HK1MW, etc. Interesting to hear the F2 skip zone. Maine, NH, RI,
VY2 were in it loud to eastern Kansas, just west NY, CT, and NJ were heard only
via backscatter.  Backscatter was workable at times, even with my limited set
up. I logged K5DB AR, K0SN MN, W0BH KS, N8OO LA, WD0T SD, K5PI TX,  etc. Found
EA8OM up around 28.100 MHz all alone calling CQ without any callers. One call
and in the log! Operated again Sunday afternoon around 4 pm. Worked a few JA
stations, VK, CX, LU and stateside. That was it.  All contacts were
"hand-made CW." Used a hand key and logged on paper.