[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 20:06:49 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jan 4

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  115
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  115  Mults = 115  Total Score = 13,225

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

It's usually the case on 20m. I find a nice clear frequency on the bandmap and
scope, settle in there, start calling, and within a minute or two there are
station close in on either side. They must run narrower filters than me. Maybe I
need to switch to the 250 Hz filter but I get enough off-frequency calls (and so
do they, I hear them if the timing is right, they end up in the log!), that I
don't want to run that tight.

This time I went to high power. That helped for a while as one station went
away, but enough moved in, then later another even closer. Sorry I had to get
sometime 3 fills but that was why. The nearby stations were much stronger than
the weaker calling stations. When a station would move it they'd get pounced on
and my QSO rate would go way down for 2-3 minutes.

Thanks to everyone who called me. I appreciate your patience especially this
time. I need to close my eyes for a few minutes now.

73,
Chris VE3NRT

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP
SteppIR DB18E @43\', 80M Dipole @35\', 4-el 6m Yagi @49\', 7-el 2m Yagi at 46\'