[3830] RTTY Roundup N1RM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N1RM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 00:24:58 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:45

------------
   80:  176
   40:  394
   20:  377
   15:  136
   10:   22
------------
Total: 1105  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 53  Total Score = 124,865

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was another contest in which I expected only to play a little but got hooked.
I could not do the full 24 hrs, but I spent more time than I initially expected
to. I started on 15m because (he sheepishly admitted) I hoped to pick up the
last 2 states needed on 15 for my 5BWAS. No luck there and it caused me to spend
more time there than I should have. I finally switched to 20M at about 2030Z. I
started with a half-hearted mult-hunt, and did okay, continuing on 40M starting
around 2300Z.

At 0000Z I finally settled into running, and spent most of the rest of the
evening doing that, switching to 80M around 0345Z. The new installation of the
OCF dipole hears better, and the VSWR is low enough to handle the A2000, so I
really had fun with that. Things finally dried up (including my eyes) around
0730Z so I went to bed.

Church obligations filled Sunday morning and I got back in the chair around
1730Z intending to operate a few more hours. Things seemed slow and I was having
trouble hearing many stations. But conditions gradually improved and I had some
good runs on 20M through the afternoon. Running is SO much more productive than
S&P - more so with RTTY than other modes, it seemed.

I stayed on until the contest shut down, happy with my results and not too
depressed by my position on the on-line scoreboard.

It was fun working all the PVRC folks.  The station played very well.

Thanks for the Qs.

Rick
N1RM
K4, A2000, DB18E, OCF dipole