[3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 05:14:51 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:  227    48
   40:  334    52
   20:  307    54
   15:   95    35
   10:   38    21
-------------------
Total: 1001   210  Total Score = 210,210

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Well. This was fun!  But it was not at all what I had planned for Saturday.  I
had planned to run high power with the special event for WRTC N4W callsign, even
if I had to do mostly SSB.  But Friday night, while operating as N4W, the
computer broke down or something.  Got terribly slow and then wouldn't respond
to any commands.  Only thing I could do was to turn it off.  Couldn't shut it
down properly because it wasn't responding.  Hoped everything would come back up
OK, but little did.  Thanks to Jeff, KU8E, for remoting into my computer and
restoring the CW keying and frequency control functions in N1MM.  But we
couldn't get the WRTC contest software to work.  I tried up get it up, but all I
got was a response that it was already running....well none of the screens were
displaying.  Ant the electronic antenna switch wouldn't operate either.  So, I
found an old manual antenna switch with only one position marked
"bad."  I was unable to get my 88; cf zepp attached to the switch
because the SO259s in the antenna tuner for that antenna are loose and I
couldn't get the coax disconnected from them in order to connect one of the
coaxes to the rotary antenna switch.  Too bad because it has been a really good
10M transmit antenna.  Something funny about it and it is sometimes intermittent
on receive only.  So, I had the switch and an 80M inverted vee dipole, a 40M
dipole, and a 20M dipole.  Used the 80M vee on 10M and the 40M dipole on 15.
Thanks for all who heard and worked me!  Had the most trouble working Hawaii,
but thanks to KH6AQ I got HI on one band.  Heard no one in ND. Worked VY1CO on
15M.  Nice to work the Caribbean stations too.  Now can we get some XE and
Central Americans QRV in the next one?
I don't keep records, but I can't remember doing this well even when I had a
tribander and good antennas.  No antenna at all for 160M at this time.  73,John,
K4BAI.