[3830] NAQP CW K7NT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mconatore@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7NT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 06:18:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K7NT
Operator(s): K7NT
Station: K7NT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:    8     6
   80:   53    26
   40:  112    39
   20:  111    40
   15:   98    40
   10:   63    30
-------------------
Total:  445   181  Total Score = 80,545

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Broke the antenna on Thursday taking it down to fix a minor
problem. KL2A came to the rescue and met me in Ritzville, WA with
another antenna/spare parts. I worked late last night outside and
created an even better flagpole antenna. BUT.....the MFJ-998RT
apparently couldn't handle the strange match presented on 15
meters. As I was beginning to run it went crazy then stopped
tuning altogether. When I approached it outside I could smell it
had burned something. It burned at least one relay and maybe
more. I called my friend Dan, K7NXL, who I had loaned my Ten Tec
238 tuner to and he was about to come in to town so brought it
over. It actually worked far better than the MFJ ever did! Radio,
tuner, 165' of LMR900 directly feeding the 40' Greyline Flagpole.
IT worked! In fact, the box on the desk tuning through all that
feedline performed better than the remote tuner. The MFJ will be
repaired and sold. Bands were pretty good here in Eastern WA. I
was even able to work several on 160, and 80 was a lot of fun!

About 9 hours of operating time.

73,
Mike K7NT