[3830] NAQP SSB NR6O(@N6RO) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NR6O(@N6RO) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 06:40:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO N6WM W6DMW WX5S WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

  160:   12     5
   80:   42    18
   40:  280    62
   20:  413    68
   15:  559    62
   10:  508    63
-------------------
Total: 1814   284  Total Score = 515,176

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

This operation was dedicated to our long time team member and 40m CW ace, WA6O.
Mike passed away from cancer, earlier this week.  He will be sorely missed.

Band condx were upside down from the usual January event.  Super high bands,
miserable low bands, A index = 20. But, this was our record high score (I
think).

The first few hours were great.  WD6T started remote, but extreme delay issues
caused Dave to drive out to the station to continue on 10.  N6WM (remote)took
10m during Dave's drive (that's dedication). K3EST manned 15m onsite, band was
active for 7 hours.  Dave and Bob bounced around 10/15/20, then WX5S racked up
the 20m Q total, until taking over 40m, which opened very late for January. Even
40m was below par, but 80 and 160 really stunk. W6DMW took 40 for a while, then
got all that was possible on 80. N6RO started on 40, then finished off the
contest on 160 with a storm-damaged antenna. Topband continues to get worse as
the contests go by!

Thanks for the Qs, CU in the next one.  73, Ken N6RO