[3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 17:09:16 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    4     4
   80:  106    43
   40:  346    61
   20:  273    58
   15:  247    50
   10:  500    51
-------------------
Total: 1476   267  Total Score = 394,092

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team: Remembering W7OM

Comments:

Started on 10m and it was red hot. The other bands...uh...not so much. While
there seemed to be no speed limit on 10m, that was clearly not the case
elsewhere. As I went lower in frequency, rates kept dropping. Very different
from the CW test one week ago. Although, 20m improved as evening approached.

My score is slightly lower than 2022, despite all of those sunspots and the
great 10m opening. The low bands ripened later than usual, and I really hustled
to take advantage. Of note, 160m was absolutely awful. Seems what 10m added this
year, 80m and 160m took away.

Every contest is the proverbial "box of chocolates." You never know
what you're going to get. In hindsight, my break times weren't optimal. Guess
it's time to dust off that playbook from high SFI years.

Enjoyed working old friends and new friends. Thanks to all for the Qs and a fun
Saturday on the radio!

Congrats to Bill, V31XX, on a great score, and others that still haven't posted
yet.

73, Mitch, K7RL