[3830] NAQP SSB K4SBZ Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4SBZ Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 17:55:17 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K4SBZ
Operator(s): K4SBZ
Station: K4SBZ

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:  139    38
   40:  233    44
   20:  109    35
   15:   36    25
   10:   15    12
-------------------
Total:  532   154  Total Score = 81,928

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: FCG-3

Comments:

I got a late start. I had everything set up for SO2R with my totally Flex
station including a Flex AG-8x2 automatic antenna switch. Took a nap at 11:30
before the contest. Sat down just before 1:00 and there were no stations heard.
Neither 80 OCF dipole antenna worked. A quick check didn't uncover the problem,
so I connected two antennas directly to my 6600. Only one worked. By this point
it was getting late, so I said that was good enough. While I was moving
antennas, I tripped over my headset and knocked one ear cushion off. Didn't
stretch back on easily. Sat down again and VOX didn't work.  Messed with it,
tried a different headset without luck, but suddenly it worked. Lost 45 minutes
in total. I had checked everything two hours earlier. Considered quitting but I
was on a team, so I continued. Still managed 10 hours.

Most bands were good, but 10 was unreliable.

Operators were more considerate than usual. Only a few that called out of turn.
Worked 452 different callsign out of 532 contacts(85%)-- NO dupes!

Enjoyed using the ContestScoresOnline website. I mostly watched our entire club.
It was nice to work so many club members -- too many to name. At one point I
worked a member who was directly ahead of me. A few minutes later I worked
someone directly behind me. We had ourselves a race. I worked extra hard after
that. I will be glad when more ops sync their logs. It's easy.

I would like to thank my daughter for giving me a day off from home hospice care
for my wife so that I could participate. It's nice to have family that
understand the contesting compulsion.