[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:34:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   28    10
   80:  131    27
   40:   78    32
   20:   24    15
   15:    2     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  263    86  Total Score = 22,618

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Started at 00Z Saturday night.  A couple of brief interruptions.  When I first
moved down to 80M there was a strong noise; sounded like it had heavy spectral
content.  Uh oh!  I S&P'd loud stations for several minutes, then decided
that CQing would be more productive, even if I was an alligator.  I got answered
by enough loud stations to make it worthwhile, and the noise seemed to abate
after a while.

Besides the expected horde of MD/VA/etc., I worked a TON of Ohio, particularly
on 40M where I seemed to have a pipeline.

With so few QSOs there is no point in worrying about mult's that you hear but
don't work (e.g., UT, AB).  Toward the end, even IL was new on 80M and CA and AZ
on 40M.

A lot of people were using old CHFs (or, like me, relying on wet ware name
history), and guessed that I was "Art".  Some of those who did not
listen hard enough to my report are gonna be chagrinned.