[3830] NAQP SSB W0PSY Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marv@marvrossphoto.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W0PSY Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 18:16:00 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W0PSY
Operator(s): W0PSY
Station: W0PSY

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: DN70ja
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    2     2
   80:   26    20
   40:  132    50
   20:  203    52
   15:   91    34
   10:  443    39
-------------------
Total:  897   197  Total Score = 176,709

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC Avs

Comments:

I love this contest!

TS-590SG 100W
TA-33 @ 35’
OCF for 40 and 80
Slopers for 40
Inverted L for 160
SO LP Assisted
N1MM

10M was the big money band for me.  The first 2 hours on 10 I had 140/hr and the
next 2 hours it dropped to 115/hr.  The runs were incredible with pileups I am
just not used to.  The negative for my 10M time was, I assume newbies who would
just drop their call in after I came back to someone else, creating QRM.  One
time, one guy kept calling over the one I was trying to work, I felt my
irritation surge and I stopped to say, “Hey (I dropped a few letters of his
call) did I call you?  He responded with “well …….  No.”  He was never
to be heard again.

After 10 I moved to 15M for a half hour at 140/hr until that run petered out.
20M was next where I was until 0145z that had runs of about 125/hr.  Argh, it
was time to go to 40M and 80M.  I knew this was going to be painful and sure
enough it was.  I do have bad noise on 40.  But I slogged it out trying to get a
run going with very occasional success.  I did hear Chuck (K0RF) (who found his
microphone!) calling K0EU.  I got a Q with Chuck a few kHz above “Ken” and
got him to go to 160 for another.  While on 160 I found K9CT and got a second
mult there.  Around 0530z I finally got a run going on 40M netting me 49 Q’s
and 4 more mults.

When 0600 arrived, I got up from my chair with a big smile.  I had a great time.
 The missing mults were UT, MB, NL, NT and PE.

Thanks to all for the Q’s.  Fellow GMCC’ ers I worked were AD1C (3), K0EU
(1), K0RF (2), N7MZW (1), WC7S (1).  I did get DX Q’s with 8P5A, KP2RUM,
KP4AA, KP4NTV, V31XX (3), ZF2PG and ZF2VE (2) and PJ2ND called me while on 10M.
A thanks to Chuck, N7MZW for doing the team wrangling.