[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K8MM Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K8MM Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:40:09 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  228    99  Total Score = 22,770

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

I started out this weekend to see how many qsos I could make on 2M. I'm
generally around 45 to 50 from here at the most. I had 50 in the log before I
went to bed Saturday night and I wondered if it might be possible to break 100
from EN83! I more than double my usual amount at 109 q's! All but one of them
were FT8 contacts. Missed my own grid but there's not many people on 2M
FT8/CW/SSB from here. Probably should have hooked up a FM rig and called CQ for
a bit.  When things got slow on 2M I'd got to 6M and stay there until the band
dried up. Had some nice 6M Es openings both days.

My audio was badly distorted when using my 222 and 432 station and I only made
one contact on each band. I have some troubleshooting to do.

Didn't have much luck getting people to try working me from the chat pages, not
sure why.

I wish there was an easy way to ask people to run the bands on FT8! I really
miss the days of quickly and easily moving people from band to band on CW or
SSB.

Station -
6M -  TS-590S, 1000 Watts and Cushcraft 5 element yagi at 105'.

2M -  TS-590S, w/transverter, 800 Watts to a 16 element, 14 dBd yagi at 115'.

222 - TS-590S, w/transverter, 500W to a 16 element, 14 dBd yagi at 108'.

432 - TS-590S, w/transverter, 500W to a 27 element, 16.5 dBd yagi at 112'.

73,
Ian - K8MM