[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 05:02:47 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Jan 26

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   44
   40:  154
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  198  Mults = 182  Total Score = 36,036

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

My goal has been to make 200 QSOs during a session.  Close, but no cigar. 200
QSOs, but two dupes = 198 contacts.  Lots of newer guys were active and it
really helped.  Too bad there was little activity from Illinois.

I started on 40M at 7.028 at 40 WPM.  Lots of activity and people kept calling
with just a few slow minutes but I missed a couple weak guys.  I have not been
able to get a receiving antenna up for 40.  The inverted vee is pretty good, but
think slopers which can be quickly switched might be better.  As always, the
SteppIR did not work. Lots of comments on the SteppIR reflector recently.  Their
upgrade to fix 40M is a hoax.

I went to 80M at 03:47Z and S&P the guys who were multipliers.  This worked
well, but usually I miss having omni-directional.

See comments from the 1300Z session.  My new contest accessory - antibiotic IVs
in the shack helped me get on for this session and saved my life this month.