[3830] BC QSO VA7YJJ Single OpSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7yjj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VA7YJJ Single OpSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 02:48:49 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2023

Call: VA7YJJ
Operator(s): JOSEPH
Station: VA7YJJ

Class: Single OpSSB LP
QTH: Duncan BC
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:   0       0       0         0
   80:   0      18       0        14
   40:   0      46       0        24
   20:   0      28       0        16
   15:   0      13       0        10
   10:   0      23       0        11
Total:   0     128       0        75  Total Score = 20,028

Club:

Comments:

It is amazing to have all bands open for the QSO. The most challenging band for
me was the 20m. It was so busy with too many loud stations. It was difficult to
find cracks where I could snick in for a moment. I got all my 20m QSO on Sunday
and most of my other QSO were on Saturday. I quadrupled my best score on BCQP.
Last fall I managed to put up a 80m sky loop about 200 feet away from any
electrical line and about 40 feet high. That must have made a difference too.
The noise level was reduced by 3 to 6 Db. I did not use my OCDF antenna this
time, only the sky loop antenna. This may append only once in a life time. Fun
when it does. It is sport after all.