[3830] RTTY WPX K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 01:53:03 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: 2BSIQ

------------
   80:   98
   40:  342
   20:  322
   15:  797
   10:  670
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This is my first serious effort in WPX RTTY. Overall, it was a blast. Conditions
on the high bands were the best I've heard in years. First time hearing a band
full of EU on 10m in years too. On the flip side, the slow parts of the contest
were pretty slow and I struggled to keep my butt in the chair. Thus, 24 hours
instead of 30 hours.

20m was never great - probably because most ops were on the higher bands. I
really struggled all weekend to make something happen. In the end, it was a
super easy decision to abandon 20m for 10m and 15m.

Felt like once I hit 40m and 80m, the activity level fell off. Worked a number
of JA stations with huge signals, but the volume from Asia wasn't there. It hurt
not getting more 6 pointers in the log. I worked more EU than JA, which is
unusual.

When I'm running, I'm not a fan of ops giving me their call and exchange before
I give mine. Not sure where this trend is coming from, but it happened many
times. Some ops never confirmed after my exchange. Consequently, I didn't log
them. It's a huge time waster. That's my only gripe. Well...that, and maybe some
of the three sentence exchanges I received :-)

73, Mitch, K7RL