[3830] RTTY WPX K7DR SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K7DR SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 05:02:59 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 18:48

------------
   80:    0
   40:  136
   20:  102
   15:   87
   10:  182
------------

Club:

Comments:

FTdx3000 100w
40M EFHW Inv Vee at 35 feet
DXLog.net 2.5.43 (MMTTY/2Tone)

The sun threw a party and we were all invited!! SFI 200+ all weekend!!

I've only been entering CQWW WPX RTTY since 2016, and this was my best year by
far! My previous best was 132,696pts 312Q's. This year it was 341k points 507Q.

Just after the start of the contest the K index jumped to 4 and there was just
enough flutter to make decoding more difficult on 40.

Saturday K was back to 1 and conditions were great. Late afternoon JA and
Asiatic Russia was in. I don't get to work them that often with a 40M half wave
inv vee in a tree. I think it was my first time ever to work JA on RTTY.

Saturday evening I ran for a little bit on 40 before QRT for night. Sunday was
just as good as Saturday. The whole afternoon 10 appeared to be better than 15.
Every time I tried 15 I eventually ended up back on 10. Finished contest on 20.
Had to quit at 2130 to go to family Super Bowl party otherwise would have got in
a couple more hours.

Beautiful day Sunday, Sunny and 52, which is very mild in Michigan. Even
quitting early for Super Bowl and being a great day outside, was still able to
put in my best CQWW WPX RTTY ever!

73
Dave - K7DR
Metro Detroit.