[3830] RTTY WPX WW4SF(@KG4IGC) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WW4SF(@KG4IGC) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 21:21:11 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: WW4SF
Operator(s): WW4SF
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 27:20

------------
   80:   48
   40:  181
   20:  144
   15:   92
   10:  143
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Friday night I decided to take advantage of the opening to EU on 40 meters and
took advantage of the 6 point multipliers. Had lots of QSB but did fairly well
with S&P. I tried running a few times but rates were really bad and decided
to stick with S&P. The band was also open to the west stateside so I grabbed
what mults I could. Went to 80 meters around 9 PM and worked a few EU mults then
ran stateside stations.

Eu opened around 10 AM Saturday morning and was also open to SA parts of the
Caribbean and Africa so I stayed there most of the day. The band was in pretty
good shape into the early evening. Best DX on 10 was with V55Y in Namibia. I
tried to go to 20 to look for mults, but heard mostly stateside stations and
plus the band was in rough shape. Spent a little time on 15 which was open to EU
as well but the band was nowhere as good of shape as 10 was.Best contact on 15
meters was with MD7C on the Isle of Man.

Was surprised to see that 10 had a small opening to Asia around 7PM, I actually
worked 5 JA in a row with one call each doing S&P. I also heard BA4TB in
China calling, he had a pretty decent signal here and I tried to work him but
unfortunately he didn't hear me calling. In 20 years of ham radio, this was the
first time that I have ever heard China so was pretty excited with that.

Sunday morning came into the shack around 6 AM and worked stateside on 40, did
manage to catch a VK station and one from Alaska. Heard a couple JA's but wasn't
able to work them. Did S&P on 10, saw 3y0J reported on RTTY at 1348, but
most likely a pirate; never hear them anyway. I worked  TF3T in Iceland at 1403
GMT and a bunch of Stateside and South American stations.

DX pickin's were getting slim, so I went to 20 and spent some time running
stateside. Got some EU stations as well, but they were very light. Overall I
think I did pretty good, probably the best score that I have ever made in the
WPX RTTY. Only worked one Swampfox, K7OM on 20 meters. Ted did really well too,
he sure kept me on my toes scorewise throughout the contest, A real David &
Goliath competition, 100 watts/wires verses 1000 watts/wires :)

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
SDR Play for Pan-adapter
PWR: 100 Watts
Antennas: 272\\\' Horizontal Loop, 2X 20/40 Super Loops, Ground mounted Gap
Challenger, Maco V/5/8 vertical, 160 meter Inverted L

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\\\\\\\'s premier
contesting club! www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com