[3830] ARRLDX CW K3HW SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3hw73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3HW SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 00:15:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 26:17

  160:    0     0
   80:   27    22
   40:  143    57
   20:  176    71
   15:  209    80
   10:  277    79
-------------------
Total:  832   309  Total Score = 771,264

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

It has been a long time since I put in a score like this.  This contest is the
only of the big 4 I have not scored a million in before.  I thought it might be
this one but the mults were hard to find and finding them took away from my QSO
total.  I more than doubled my best previous score in this contest.  This
contest is always the one when either work, family issues, or Murphy comes to
visit and reduces my time in the chair.  This year luckily that did not happen
for the most part.  So many highlights.  Conditions were amazing.  I was
literally in awe working low power on my delta loop, wires, and vertical and
making some of the following contacts on a couple bands...BD, over a dozen JA,
4X, UA0, RA9, VK, 3D2, YJ0A, 5Z, ZD7, ZS, LU1 and FK8 on three bands!  This will
be a memorable one.  I have not had this much fun since 2015.  No meters like 10
meters...well also 15.  20 meters never was super open until Sunday late
afternoon.  10 and 15 made it hard to budget time.  I stuck with the highest
open band mults shifted.  Had a blast.  I am sure scores will be great!  See you
in DX Phone for a single band effort.  73 de K3HW..