[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 00:19:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:   16    12
   40:   95    51
   20:  302    75
   15:  507    88
   10:  335    78
-------------------
Total: 1255   304  Total Score = 1,144,560

Club:

Comments:

I've been waiting a long time for the sunspots to return!  This was my personal
best by a long shot.  The previous high was 770,280 in 2012 - with the same
setup.  And this year's result was done in 5 fewer hours.  Nice to see some
things are getting better with age!

Friday night started out slow on 15m, with all S&P but then 40m got going
and I was even able to run EU for an hour or so.  Saturday morning started out
with a great EU run on 10m, which is something I haven't done from here in a
decade.  After slowing down in the afternoon, 10m picked up in the evening for a
nice JA run.  20m was open to JA until 9PM.  Sunday prop was nowhere as good as
Saturday but still had some good runs on 15m, off and on throughout the morning
and afternoon.

The only real disappointments included never hearing a single station in Africa
- not even CN or ZS. I also missed India, Pakistan, etc. - which I almost never
hear anyway and also hearing a bunch of Caribbean stations that I normally work.
  Maybe the hurricanes took them out in recent years.  Best DX was being called
being called by 4X6FR on 15m Sunday morning.

Thanks to all for making this so much fun.

73,

Jerry VE6TL

Rig:  Yaesu FTdx5000MP
Amp:  Yaesu FL7000 (typically running 300-500W)
10-20m antenna:  TH6DXX at 40'
40m antenna:  Alpha-Delta Inverted Vee at 40'
80m antenna:  Shunt-fed tower