[3830] ARRLDX CW ZL1IF SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larsusa1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZL1IF SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 00:40:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ZL1IF
Operator(s): ZL1IF
Station: ZL1IF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WHANGAREI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:
   40:  275    49
   20:  317    49
   15:  125    35
   10:  230    49
-------------------
Total:  947   182  Total Score = 517,062

Club:

Comments:

Big contests like this one is a marathon. You have to have strong legs to go the
distance. CW is no doubt an OT's game these days in the U.S. Seems like a lot of
 legs and fighting spirits don't hold up like they used to in our younger days
and need a rest the second day. Now at 80, I took plenty of rests the first day
thinking I could not pick up the slack in the long run. That was a mistake. I
forgot! The money is definitely there for the taking only in the first 24 hours
when our greying hoard is charging forward with fresh legs and clear heads like
there is no tomorrow - also during U.S. 40m DX hours. However, there was a very
insignificant number of U.S. single ops 40m stations still standing on the
second night. I'd say about 20 that I could hear in the early morning. Most
mult-ops had worked me already.
Well, that's just not to forget again for next year.
So, go hell for leather the first 24! Don't chase mults. Just numbers. The mults
will come with the numbers.
Enjoy plenty of rests the second day.

Thanks for all the contacts. It was a lot of fun as always with this contest.
73,
Lars ZL1IF
and K9FY retired to paradise (if it isn't raining for months on end).

40m vertical and Hex beam for 20, 15 and 10. 1 kW.