[3830] ARRLDX CW ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 01:26:40 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  203    47
   40:  600    56
   20:   40    53
   15:  358    53
   10:  662    58
-------------------
Total: 2227   267  Total Score = 1,783,026

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Part time activity only. Could only operate a few hours in my evenings, nights
and early mornings.

Cyclone Gabrielle visited New Zealand Monday/Tuesday of last week and our region
(Hawkes Bay) got hit the worst. Winds were not to bad with 150 km/h (all
antennas survived) but the water masses caused slips everywhere including on our
hill site. Google "Cyclone Gabrielle" if you want to see some
footage.

During the day we had to remove mud, clean and repair our access road, repair
storm water drainage, remove fallen/broken trees etc. etc.
On Sunday we finally could bring our guest from Japan to the airport to fly
home. He was stuck here since most roads/bridges were still closed/damaged or
sometimes gone. While driving to the airport we saw the damage in the lower
areas near the rivers and sea. It looks like a war zone.

I was actually surprised how fast power & comms were back. Great job by the
NZ emergency services! We were four days offline (power/mobile comms) but have a
generator to keep our freezer/fridge running.

Contest:
Great conditions except for 160 m. I could hear the whole Caribbean and Asia but
only KO6M & K1LZ from NA. Unfortunately they did not react to my calls. All
other bands were amazing and wonder what would have been possible with a full
time effort.

It's always great to operate this contest as it offers the best rates of any.
Thank you all for the QSO's and hope to see you again in the SSB part.

73 Holger, ZL3IO