[3830] ARRLDX CW NK4O SOUAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ajstockton@me.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NK4O SOUAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 03:19:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NK4O
Operator(s): NK4O
Station: NK4O

Class: SOUAB QRP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
   40:  100    50
   20:  111    51
   15:   73    43
   10:   87    47
-------------------
Total:  372   192  Total Score = 214,272

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I was changing some things around in the shack and did not have the external
small amp and tuner hooked up.  So I started by just playing with the KX3 backed
down to 5 watts.  Didn't think I would play that long, but when I saw K7SV(LAR)
also on the online scoreboard, well I figured I would chase (poor decision/never
could catch up).  Regardless, I was very happy with the results.  It's very very
tough to operate QRP, and I fully understand now when I read 'life is too short
for QRP'. But it helps you appreciate when running LP or HP. Only one station on
80m as the antenna switch was also not connected.  All contacts contacted with
the KX3 and a 40m Vertical Rectangular Loop.  Thanks to those who asked for many
repeats and stuck it out to make the log. Many 4 band qso's, lots of great ears
out there, and the band condx were fantabulous!  73 NK4O