[3830] ARRLDX CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOUAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOUAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 04:04:00 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SOUAB QRP
QTH: Concord, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 5:58

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   14    11
   20:    5     5
   15:   22     8
   10:   65    24
-------------------
Total:  106    48  Total Score = 15,264

Club:

Comments:

This was the 1st time WQ6X ever ran an ARRL Dx contest GiG as a QRP entry.
Using the watt meter built-in to the MFJ-993 IntelliTuner, power output
from the FT-2000 was adjusted to EXACTLY 5-watts on each band/antenna.
On 40m & 20m the 8JK Cobra dipoles did the job.  For 20 & 15 the
3-element
10-meter Long John Yagi gave a perfect SWR.  A lot of stations on 10-meters
had a difficult time believing I was running QRP.
It turns out that the Long John yagi makes for an incredible low-noise
RX antenna prompting me to create a switch setup to either run it normally
or switch it in to the RX-Ant jack on the back of the radio.
Space-WX was AMAZINGly AWEsome, at one-point up to 314 - wOw!
Every time I run QRP, I am amazed at how little power is needed
(when there is a clear frequency).
LooK for a write-up on this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com.