[3830] ARRLDX CW K7DR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7DR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 06:48:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 17:53

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  100    40
   20:   57    28
   15:  109    45
   10:  252    58
-------------------
Total:  518   171  Total Score = 265,734

Club:

Comments:

FTdx-3000 100w 40 EFHW Inv Vee at 35 feet
DXLog 2.5.43

Welcome back 10M, we have missed you!

I was planning to make about 350 QSO's but crashed thru that barrier and made
518. Started on 40M Friday night and made about 60 QSO's. I got up Saturday
morning and I first turned on my SDRPlay and checked 10M, and it was wall to
wall from 28-28.15! I did all S&P and started at 28150 and started moving
down in freq. It took me about 2 hours and 100 QSO's to make it thru once, with
my 100w and a wire. I looked at 15 and 20 later in the afternoon, but I think
everyone was at the party on 10, because I couldn't get much going on those
bands. About 5:00PM local time the JA's started rolling in. Don't get a chance
to work that many JA's from Michigan but quickly worked 21, along with KH6 and
ZL. I took a break and got some more time on 40 Saturday evening.

Sunday morning I checked 10 first and again it was busy to above .100. This time
I was hitting dupes from Saturday so couldn't log as many stations. 15 and 20
were much better on Sunday. I think after everybody working each other on 10,
the started moving down to 15 then 20, there was a lot more activity on Sunday,
especially on 20. Late in the afternoon 15 and 10 were open to Pacific again.
This time I stuck mostly with 15, to have less dupes. Worked a number of JA's
that I worked Saturday on 10. Finished on 20 and then40 which was good into EU
again up until 00Z.

I worked over 500 QSO's two weekends in a row (CQWW WPX RTTY and ARRL DX CW)
It's been a long time with my little station since I had conditions where I
could do that!

Lots of fun!
73
Dave K7DR