[3830] ARRLDX CW OL5Y SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OL5Y SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 15:02:29 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 30
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    8     7
   80:  139    29
   40:  592    49
   20:  284    44
   15:  519    54
   10:  626    58
-------------------
Total: 2168   241  Total Score = 1,567,464

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

What a fantastic weekend! CONDX on all bands (except 160m) were excellent. I
made more QSOs than in 2015 with PA (that time assisted, SO1R) when CONDX were
also great. The strange thing was the 20m - after the first day I ended up with
only 80 QSOs in the log. West coast stations were S9+20, but beacons like K3LR
were S2. Things improved on Sunday evening, but I still got a very poor result
on 20m even from a multiplier perspective. The last 3 hours of the contest were
slow and very tiring, which I explain by the lack of new stations :-)
More and more stations unfortunately believe that everyone uses assistance and
identify themselves very rarely. This is very frustrating for most searchers.
The biggest extreme of selfishness for me was K3ZA, who only gave a CALL after 3
minutes after I started listening to him. I consider this behavior to be a very
bad trend in modern contesting.
Thank you all for calling me or answering my call!
73! Martin, OL5Y

Radios: SunSDR MB1 and IC-756 (1st version)
Accessories: microHAM ARCO, MK2R+, Station masters, Stack masters, switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V @ 19m (63 ft.)
80: Inv. V @ 19m
40: 3-el Yagi (AD-3446) @ 25m (82 ft.)