[3830] ARRLDX CW N2MF SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2MF SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 17:03:13 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N2MF
Operator(s): N2MF
Station: N2MF

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: New York
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:
   40: 1650    97
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1650    97  Total Score = 476,076

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

I was planning a 20 or 15m single band effort however, ice on the rotor shelf
Friday evening conspired against turning the tri-bander.  So reverted to 40m
which I've done the past couple of years.

Conditions seemed excellent.  Friday night (local) through Saturday morning was
very good here.  Had a number of Europeans, past their sunrise, overlapping with
JA pre- their sunset.  Same experience on Sunday with Japan accompanying Europe.

Although lots of polar flutter on Sunday.  The Japanese had to re-send their
calls multiple times for me to finally get them correct, I'm surprised they
didn't loose patience with me.

Sunday, of course, was much slower with a fair amount of dupes.  Was hoping to
add a fair amount of contacts in the afternoon until the close of the contest,
but the band didn't open until a full hour later here than on Saturday.

Things notable for 2023--worked far more Japanese on 40m than in prior years.
Also multiple BY's and HLs.  Great signals from JT1CO and V85RH.  Never heard a
YB, 9M, or other difficult for me SE Asians.  Must need higher antennas or a
more Southern QTH.  Not a fan of self-spotting.

A lot of fun, as always.  Thank you to all the folks that make this great event
happen.