[3830] ARRLDX CW N2YO(@NR4M) SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ciprian@sufitchi.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2YO(@NR4M) SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:21:39 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N2YO
Operator(s): N2YO
Station: NR4M

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 41
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   65    39
   80:  291    63
   40:  796    91
   20:  927   102
   15: 1013   114
   10: 1052   107
-------------------
Total: 4144   516  Total Score = 6,387,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Mother Nature was with us on this one. Scary geomagnetic conditions were
anticipated for the weekend, but apparently the CME missed the Earth entirely
and Kp had low values. That combined with high flux numbers provided excellent
propagation conditions on higher bands, especially on 10m for many hours with
great EU signals and JA pileups.
NR4M's plan to assemble a crew for a decent M/M effort failed, as very few
operators signed up, so Steve allowed me to use his station again as single
operator. First night the 20m band stayed open pretty much all night long and I
couldn’t quit for a reasonable sleep, maybe I had a 30 minutes nap or so. I
tried to take advantage of the propagation assuming that geomagnetic conditions
will get worse later in the weekend.
I found that live contesting score website can be highly motivating. I saw
fantastic scores reported online, then later on 3830.
The station performed flawless, propagation was great, and there was excellent
participation this contest, what else can be there to want? Thank you, Steve, I
had so much fun!

73 de Chip N2YO